Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ladies Retreat

Sorry it has taken me so long to get theses pictures up. We've been pretty busy. My pictures aren't the best either. I'll give a quick run down of what we have been up to since getting back.

Wed- Was Ladies ABM. I'm the ABM leader and from some reason I though it was NEXT week. Yeah, so I was busy getting ready for the service yesterday. Thank the Lord it turned out good. Jesse, Christy and Lauren even came for the first time. It was really nice to have them there. I was tired last night but when I came home Jacob wanted to play "Settlers". I guess he didn't get his fill while playing with Dave. He told me it would only be an hour but it ended up being 2 1/2 hrs. He just didn't want to admit that I bet him and kept pushing the goal higher. hee hee I still won.

Tues- We went to Josh and Debbie's for supper. Everyone from the bend was there. Plus Christy and her family. We had hambugers and leftover chips and buns from the retreat.

Mon- Grandpa and Grandma came over with their truck and we loaded up all the scraps and sheetrock ,from all our work this winter and brought them to the dump. Took three loads to get it all. Now we have a nice clean yard. Yah! Uncle David even put a wheel on our gate so it is easier to open now. What a guy!

Sun night- lol! We were almost home like 2 hrs away. We stopped and Mandie decided to go ahead of us in her truck with Sis. Natalie. We were all ok with that. So Debbie, Melissa and I drove home in the Suburban. I ended up driving. A little over an hour from home the engine lost power. The gas petal wouldn't work. The Lord provided a turn out just as the steering wheel was getting really hard to turn. We got out and checked the battery to make sure there was no lose connections. There wasn't. We were in an area with no cell reception, so all we could do was wait for someone to stop. We prayed that God would send a nice guy that wasn't scary looking to help us. He did and this nice looking "cowboy" stopped. His name was Paul. He took our husbands phone numbers and called them and then came back to charge our battery. We found out that he had just taken his Dad to a nursing home that day and was on his way back home. Say a prayer for him and his Dad if you think about it. Anyway, The men finally got there and started dinking around with the suburban to see what was wrong etc. They couldn't fix it so we finally started home after 2 am. We finally got home around 4 am. As you can imagine, we were all dead tired Monday.

Ok, here are the pictures. Ladies Retreat was WONDERFUL. Such a blessing. Melissa did a very good job directing it. Sis. Bishop and Sis. Smith was there. Sis. Bishop is so sweet and funny. Her southern accent tops the cake. :) I was glad that the ladies from our valley got to meet both of them.

Here is Lydni leading songs with Sis. Smith at the piano.

Sis. Adams took theses beautiful pictures and framed them as gifts for theses ladies.

We had 6 babies there. Here is Zek and Emilee. We were playing our one game of "Phase 10 dice" Haley won.

Here is baby Rachel and her mother. They are the Barkers daughter-in-law and granddaughter.

Here is Anna with mother Haley and Emilee. We were waiting for food.


Anna DIDN'T like the eggs. What a great face. lol!

On the way home we stopped at the Golden Corral. Emilee and Arron had a good old time.

1 comment:

Momma Tammi said...

Great pictures! I am so sorry that you guys had car trouble, but am VERY thankful that God kept you all safe.