It was such a beautiful day yesterday that we couldn't stay inside. While I was waiting for the bread to raise, Jacob took us for a drive in the mountains. (It's nice that they are sooo close.) We stopped to let the kids out for a few minutes. I saw some rocks that I thought they would like to climb on, they saw and headed straight for the SAND. 
Jacob got them lured over to the rocks. Here is Elijah climbing on a tree between two rocks.

Jacob got them lured over to the rocks. Here is Elijah climbing on a tree between two rocks.

Alana

Our date was wonderful. Jacob brought me out to eat at a mexican restuant. YUM. We were so full as we drove to the concert. They had a special guest there. Keith Cooper. He was a guitarist. WOW. I didn't know it was humanly possible to play a guitar like that. Made me think of a concert pianist only on a guitar. The first song reminded me Mom, of that Tapping song I played. He tapped with one hand on the guitar while playing notes ( notes not chords) with the other. Isaiah and Micah, you should look him up on I Tunes and listen to what he has. He had a tumor in his hand as a kid. The doctors said that when they cut it out, he might not have use of two of his fingers. His family prayed and he was fine and can play the guitar like no other. Selah was neat to hear in person. I was wrong about there being no music. They have a really good piano player that they sing to. Todd Smith grew up in the Congo as a missionary kid with his sister. They sang alot of hymns growing up and learned to appreciate them. They moved back to the states and his sister and him started singing hymns in churches. Soon they recorded a CD and now we have Selah. They were very surprised to come to MT and have someone in the audience that was from the Congo too. They had him and his friends come up and help them sing their "African" song. It was fun. I was so glad when they sang one of my favorite songs "Through it all". It was a fun night, but also a blessing too. After the concert Jacob and I went to a resturant to get some dessert. Jacob got pancakes with raspberry preserves on top and real whip cream. I got, for the first time in my life, crepes with strawberries and a cottage cheese filling. It was different but good. All in all it was a good night. Here is a picture that Dave took of us when we dropped the kids off at their place.




14 comments:
I like this picutre of you, and what a nice background!
Luff, Faith
Such a beautiful couple. Glad you two had such a wonderful time. The kids looked like they were having a blast. I'm sure they are looking forward to summer!
Mom and the kids are looking forward to summer! :)
Ahhhh, what a sweet picture of the two of you!
(P.S.--I post sometimes when all the other bloggers ARE at home, see?) :-)
Thanks!
I feel so special now. *grin*
beautiful! aww.... you and jacob have a date picture too!
i hope your anniversary is as special a night. micah and i promise to cook a fabulous dinner and keep the kids out of your hair for a few hours. :) they'll have so much fun with uncle micah and auntie meg!
I'm looking forward to it. :) And I'm sure the kids will have a blast with you guys.
how sweet!
aww. you look so cute with your 'baby bump'.
Thanks!
I'm so glad you guys had such a good time! You two look soo sweet together, and with all your kiddos, born and unborn... a God-given love is a blessing, isn't it!
Glad you had a date night! I had one with Josh when my parents were here. IT was nice:)
xxxxoooo love ,LIsa
I agree with the rest of the crowd--great picture of you two. You guys just look like you FIT together, you know?! Really, you make a really cute couple. :-)
That's a great picture of you two!!! It's so nice to get away with your husband every now and then. I'm so glad you were able to do that. :-)
Post a Comment