Despite the slow start this morning (putting up the new background took some time.) Today turned out quite well. I sorted through the shoes that have been collecting in the boy's closet. We now have all the boy snowboots and non-fitting shoes packed away back in the shed. Josiah is all set for the summer with plenty of clothes and shoes. (I went through their clothes last week.) Elijah could use a pair of tennis shoes but since he has two pair of sandles, I don't know if it would be worth it, since his feet get hot like mine and he usually goes barefoot or just wears his sandles.
Elijah and I got on the subject of crabs today. Does anyone know how people kill them? (before you cook them etc) I couldn't answer that question. He has such a curious mind.
Alana went and did it. She cut her own hair for the first time. thankfully I caught her before much damage was done, just one small section got it. I told her not to do that again because it makes her hair look ugly. She burst into tears after I told her that. *shaking head* She is SUCH a girl. When she was sick and throwing up, Jacob couldn't get her to quit crying while they were waiting for me to clean up the carpet. Later Jacob told me that he doesn't want anymore girls. LOL
Josiah went to church last night with no diaper and no accident!!! He is doing very well in his training. I think he was past ready to train. Still not talking much but he can say "DON"T, and NO" very well.
Moriah is doing good for a 15 month old getting potty trained. She goes more in the potty than not. Everyone gets so excited for her, including herself. It's cute. She learned this week where her nose and ears are. That's always fun. She is still not a big fan of strangers, especially guys. They can scare her to death. Just ask Caleb. hee hee He had her so scared she was shaking.
Jacob's been studying today for Sunday. Then he took a break and finish reformating a certain drive that went haywire on us so we can use it again. And he put my pictures back on the computer. *big smile*
Well, it is bedtime here, so I better get going.
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
3 months ago


11 comments:
i'm working on an absolutely FANTASTIC menu for Micah and I to make for ya'll. It's going to be yum-o!
Aww... i remember the first time i cut my hair. yup. i had been left alone with the scissors for over twenty minutes. yup. school pictures were the next day. :)
hey! elijah would LOVE to see me play with the lobsters at work. it's totally awesome. I'll see if we can get a video before i leave during a slow day.
COOL! I can't wait. Just don't overstress yourself with this. I want us to have a FUN time on your SHORT stay. Are you planning to cook on SAT or SUN?
Oh Megan! Right before your school pictures!!! Oh my! what did you mom do????
Elijah would love a video!!! That would be great. Do you know how they kill crabs before cooking them? Or do they just boil them?
can I be added to your friends list??? *hangs bottom lip*...*lip quivers*
WOW!!! I love the page, Bekah!!! (And Micah!) That header is about the best in the world--ADORABLE!
We had a self-hair-cut here a few days ago, too. Katie. Kids are so rotten! And Jay is right--I don't want any more girls either! WAY TOO EMOTIONAL!!! You can't reason with them at all, they just have no control. It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only parent with a girly-girl! Ha!
probably sunday. cause micah gets in at noon on saturday, and we'll all be pretty much distracted for the rest of the day.
she fixed it. let's just say, i had really short bangs in that picture. it was still slightly crooked. the photographer had me tilt my head, but you could still tell. :)
they are boiled alive, just like the lobster. just toss them in. you'll hear a short high-pitched hissing sound as the air comes out of their shell. some people claim that this is them screaming, but since they don't have any vocal cords or a voice box, its entirely untrue. here's a link!
http://www.ochef.com/635.htm
I love to hear about your family and the kids stories they are fun! Happy Easter Doran Family!
Luff, Faith and Isaiah
Becki- how badly did Katie cut her hair??? That's funny that they do it around the same time. Girly girls are fun when it come to the pink and the flowers and frills etc, but the emotions are another thing. *sigh* I hope Moriah isn't as emotional.
Megan-I was thinking Sun too, just wanted to make sure. I'll have to tell Elijah about those crabs now.
Matt-lol Good idea, it's so cute, how could you not?????
I hope you remember me. I just wanted to say hi and that I love you new web page. VERY VERY CUTE!!!
Jamey! Of course I remember you. :) Thanks for stopping by to say "hi!"
You know, now that I think about it, I don't think I ever cut my own hair. At least I don't remember it and my mom's never talked about it. My sister, though, now that's a different story. That kid cut her hair probably three or four times. She'd cut her baby dolls' hair, MY baby dolls' hair, our cousin Courtney's baby dolls' hair ... if I remember correctly, she even cut my grandma's dog's hair one time!! Spankings never seemed to phase her much. She was quite the little cosmetologist. She still loves to play with people's hair. Her daughter never leaves the house without a huge bow snuggled up against a little top ponytail and she has to do my hair every time I go see her. Crazy kid. I always just knew she'd become a cosmetologist, but thankfully, she's an RN.
I need to go through my closets and clear out winter clothes and shoes too. But I don't know. It got very cold here over the past couple of days. I might wait a couple of weeks just to be sure.
Wow, I think your the first person to tell me that. That must be a record of some sort! But from the sounds of it, your sister MORE than made up for it! ha ha
I haven't put the coats away yet either. It might still snow...
Post a Comment