Saturday, April 07, 2007

Coloring Eggs Part 1

"Alright, I'm ready to start."



Elijah coloring the eggs.



"Hmmm, I wonder how it taste?"



Josiah all set and ready to go.



Josiah intensely studying the egg.



"Yup, it's an egg."



Elijah and Alana smiling for the camera.


"Crayons don't taste half bad."


7 comments:

Unknown said...

You know.. just when I thought the kids couldn't get any cuter, they prove me wrong! most times, kids stop being cute around 4 or 5... not your kids. they'll be cute and adorable for the rest of their lives. though, when they hit about 13, it changes to hot and pretty and then about 21 it goes to beautiful and handsome. funny how all that works. anyway.. whatever words are used.. it's true.

micah couldn't believe that my family wasn't doing eggs this year. goodness. i don't think we've done eggs for... oh.. 5 years? we're just always too busy.. but in my defense, i always had funny doing it. i could show the kids how to do tie-dye eggs and even ones that look like stain glass windows! it's cool.

less than 4 weeks until micah and i are there!!! ya'll excited?!?!?!?! I am!!!


(like you couldn't tell!)

Rebekah Doran said...

Awww, thanks Megan.

Wow! You haven't colored eggs for 5 yrs???!!! I would like to learn how to tie-dye an egg! Stain glassing one sound really neat.

I am excited! It's going to be sooo much fun. I'm just hoping that my house will be a little more ready then it is right now. I would really like to have my pictures hung. We'll see...

Unknown said...

don't worry about it bek. in the two years that we've lived here, we've only had non-family company once. MAYBE twice.

why?

because we're still sleeping on file boxes. it's crazy.

yeah. life as a preacher's family. gotta love it.

J Nowling said...

Love the pics. So cute. What memories that all brought back. We usually do eggs even yet, I thought about yesterday, but considering how I'm still not feeling the best and all that I had to do, that's all it was a thought.

Anonymous said...

YOur kids are getting so big since the last time I seen them. Aidan and Josh dyed eggs together. They had alot of fun. Now I think Aidan will expect colored boiled eggs from now on. :) Love ya, Lisa

Anonymous said...

All the children look so wonderful and SSOO cute! I love these pictures! I can't believe how big Alana is now!!!! She's going to be so beautiful when she gets older....I knew she would take after me....LOL even though I'm not related...:)!!!!!
GOD BLESS!!!
Adelyn aka Addie

Vicki Smith said...

What adorable pictures! Thanks for sharing. I've never grown up and don't think I've ever missed a year of coloring eggs. Even this year, a 51 year old woman home alone and I dyed a dozen eggs just for me. I'll be making deviled eggs out of some of them and egg salad out of others, but today they looked really pretty in a basket sitting on the counter. But it would have been a LOT more fun with little kids around!