Friday, October 03, 2008

Zucchini - A Years Supply.

I just finished shredding and freezing 28 cups of zucchini (that would be 7 quarts). Add that to the 6 other quart bags already in the freezer and I think that I have enough to make something with zucchini once a week for this next yr. Jacob just loves anything with zucchini, so it is a good thing to be able to make something with it every week. ;-)

I really like making z. bread and having it for breakfast the next morning. That makes for a very easy breakfast. I like easy. :D

That was the end of my z. for the year. I am SO THANKFUL that God blessed my 2 plants to be able to freeze all those shredded bags of it AND make some relish (Jacob loves his relish too!). I was able also to give 3 z. to Sis. Natalie, 2 I think to Grandma, and 2 to Aunt Cathy too. Remember, these zucchini are BIG ONES (over a ft long and at lest 4 in. across)!

I better go now though. Tabitha is past ready for bed. I'm letting the two older kids sleep on the new couch tonight. They are all excited about that. We will see how fast Josiah and Moriah fall asleep on the floor to see if they get to sleep in the livingroom with the older kids or if they end up in their beds.

Jacob is out helping Bro. Ted on his house again tonight, I hope they are able to get what they need done before winter... Ok, I'm off to take care of this crying baby.

2 comments:

~Amy said...

Jackson's babysitter from last year grows her own veggies. I just think that's so awesome. She made some zucchini bread one morning and gave me a couple of slices to eat with my lunch. It was delicious.

Rachel said...

Yum!!! I'm jealous! I never did get any homegrown squash and zucchini this year. Next year, I'm making my own little garden, somehow, someway!