I have a pray request for eveyone. To make the long story short, my grandpa fell off a ladder and broke a couple of ribs on the left side, same side that had the broken ankle earlier this year. I'm sure that he would appriciate all the prayers for his healing.
Here is the long version of the incident if you are interested.
Uncle David and Aunt Valerie were up yesterday to help Grandpa put the roof on his addition, so that he could work without being in the rain. Grandpa set up an 8 foot ladder and knew that it was not on level ground, but thought that it would be OK as he only had to climb up about 4 feet. When he got to 4 feet, the ladder slipped and fell so quickly that he doesn't even remember falling. He landed on his left side on a rock and possibly on a 2x6. Tim and Dan were watching and ran in and told their folks. Davey Joe was over the fence in a couple of seconds. He and David Jenkins waited for my Dad to get his breath back and then helped him out. Melissa called Cathy and she biked over ASAP. They didn't take him to the doctor, but figured that he broke several ribs. Since they can't do anything for broken ribs, he is staying home. Grandpa can get in the car and drive, but it is very painful getting in and out of the car. It is also very painful getting in and out of bed, so he sleeps in the recliner. He is very discouraged, as he just got over a couple of months of broken leg/foot/ankle and now broken ribs. He has missed the nice working weather of the spring and now October. Well, he did have September to work on his new addition and got it to a good stopping place. Thank the Lord for that!
Grateful for the life message of Charlie Kirk
2 months ago


5 comments:
Dad had broken ribs a few years back and I remember how much pain he was in......I'll be praying!
Awww, I hate to hear about that. I definitely be praying for your grandpa.
Sam and I will be praying for Bro. Jenkins. I know he hates being laid up in bed. I feel so bad for him. Let him know we are praying for him.
Not again!!!
Poor guy. Praying!
I broke some ribs when I was in 5th grade. I still remember the excruciating pain. It hurts to breathe, to move, etc. I'll be praying. Send my love to him and to Sister Jenkins.
Post a Comment