Here is what my hallway looked like before everything got moved to the crawlspace. Can you see a cute Tabitha smiling for the camera to the right? The bag in the front was my little onions. They didn't do the best but I still got my money's worth out of them.

Lots of spagetti squash and buttercup squash for this winter. I have a feeling that I'll be giving some away though.

We ended up with FOUR boxes of green tomatoes. The kids and I put them under the house in a single layer so we can watch for them to turn red. (I needed to go and check on them today, hmmm, maybe tomorrow.)
I had picked 40 ears of corn that we and others ate but I STILL had 77 ears of corn left. WOW! I was surprised but glad.
Here is all 77 ears of corn.

The kids and I went to Grandma's house to shuck it. Grandma told me that she would freeze them for me. :D

Ended up with 9 quart bags and a half of good, home grown, frozen corn!

That is just about the end of my garden. All I have left is the carrots. They can last a little longer since they are underground, but I think that I will be pulling them up in the next couple of days.


7 comments:
Wow, you have been busy. I am glad your Grandpa is doing better. I will pray he gets those shingles on the house.
I wish I had an ounce of domestic abilities you have. The corn looks REALLY good. I love corn anyway and home grown is VERY VERY good. The jams look great. I can't believe how many tomatos you got. The kids did a great job on the pizzas. You guys ahve just been busy. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures. 80 is pretty good. Good for you guys. How is Derek doing? Was his wife with him? If you think about it when he comes back snap a picture of him and his wife I would like to see it. Good to hear all the great updates.
I haven't actually seen Derek yet. I will tomorrow though. I will bring my camera and take a picture of him and his wife. Yes, she was able to come this time. I'm hoping that they will be able to come and visit us before they have to leave. :)
Wow! Everything looks great! You guys are going to be enjoying fresh veggies for a while this winter! Oh, by the way, if you need to get rid of some of that squash you could send it our way!
I'm hoping to have a harvest more like that next year! Go Bekah!!
You had an awesome garden. Good for you. Your kids will never forget it.
A co worker had an abundance of zuchini this year, so she brought me bunches. I finally cut it up last night and put it in freezer bags. Now I can make zuchini bread all winter long!!
What do you spend at the grocery store? Like $20 a week or something?
That's so awesome, Rebekah. What a woman!
Libby - Thanks! I would love to give you guys some squash. Just need to figure out a way to get together so I can! ;-)
Sis. Nowling - Yes, I hope they will have good memories from our times of gardening. I know Elijah has seemed to really enjoy it this year. Alana is still a little young but they all have enjoyed helping bring the veggies in the house.
Kasey - Yum! We all love z bread. Have you tried it with chocolate chips in it? Jacob and the kids really like it that way. I prefer mine plain so I usually end up making two with chips and two without. You will enjoy having your bread this winter.
Amy - I wish! With a family of 7 I still spend more than that. The cost of living is a little higher out here I think. So far for this month I think the weekly average was 40.
Post a Comment