Saturday, October 11, 2008

Plum Jams

This past week was a COLD one. It went down past freezing during the nights. Something like 24 degrees. I'm glad that I harvested my garden last Saturday! Anyway, Even though not all the plums were ripe and ready to pick, I picked the ripest ones and made jams with them Thursday. Elijah and Alana helped me to skin them and I diced them. They were such good little helpers. We talked while we worked. I found out the both of their favorite classes was art then music. Elijah's lest favorite is spelling. (That was my lest favorite in school too. Oh, that and history.) Back to the jam, I made a plain plum jam...


A raspberry plum jam...


And a Cin. Plum Jam.

Since I had quite a few plums I did double batches of them all and ended up with 15 quart jars plus one pint jar. I think that should last us for the year. (The kids love it when I make strawberry Rhubarb Jam and we are still going to make applebutter sometime this month.)

2 comments:

SIS-MC said...

Yummy. Won't that be good on hot biscuits??? Yum Yum...Even on hot cornbread.

~Amy said...

Mmmmm.... looks really good.